I'm the winner of the Really Good Design Search!


A few months ago I entered the Really Good design search to find: 

"...the best, most original, and commercial range of designs that are suitable for cards, stationery and/or gifts." (David Hicks)

The competition was being judged by some of the most influential people in the UK greetings and gift market, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to get some of my newest designs in front of industry experts including WHSmith buyer Claire CastleAlan Harnik, president of US distributor Notes & Queries; Jenny Cummins, MD of Australian distributor Macmillan Cards; Postmark’s managing director, Mark Janson-Smith and Progressive Greeting’s editor Jakki Brown. 

At PG Live in London in June it was announced I had made the shortlist of 4 finalists.

And at the Harrogate gift fair on July 16th it was announced that I have won! I could not be more surprised as the other finalists were very strong designers with wonderful and original designs, so I feel very lucky to have been chosen! 


The collection that caught the judges eye is called 'Wild At Heart' and features wild animals, quirky animal prints and statement typography all in my whimsical drawing style. The cards also feature silly and fun puns to make you smile! (I do enjoy a good pun!)

Above is a visual of the designs I entered to show how the collection might range across cards and eventually gifts, but there are many more designs in this collection and I am looking forward to working with David Hicks of Really Good, to hopefully pull together a whole product range so that I can show you everything soon! 


As part of winning the competition I was also lucky enough to be featured on the Design Trust facebook page and you can read their article about me here :-)

All designs in this collection are available for cross-category licensing. Please contact me at vickyyorkedesigns@yahoo.co.uk, or beth@jewelbranding.com for further details and to view the whole collection. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 5 - INDIE FRIDAY

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 3

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 4