JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 5 - INDIE FRIDAY


Today is Indie Friday - the Colourful Independent alternative to Black Friday. 

As anyone who has followed my shop will know I have never had a Black Friday sale - only colourful weekend sales! Personally, I find the whole concept of Black Friday rather depressing. It sounds so bleak and sapped of life. And actually if you look into the history, it's not that great... Many people think it refers to the day that shop keepers go into the black (- showing profit as opposed to being in the red financially), but it actually refers to the black days of financial crashes and references a day marked by disaster or misfortune. According to Dictionary.com it was first used by factory managers in the 1950s to describe the Friday after Thanksgiving because so many of their workers decided to call in sick, thus extending the holiday. The article goes on to say:

"About 10 years later, Black Friday was used by Philadelphia traffic cops to describe the day after Thanksgiving because they had to work 12-hour shifts in terrible traffic. Visitors flocked to the city to start their holiday shopping and, sometimes this popular shopping day coincided with the annual Army–Navy football game. The term caught on among shoppers and merchants in Philadelphia, and from there it took off nationwide".  - Dictionary.com

So although it's coined in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way I still think it's a bit depressing. Who wants blackness when you can have glorious colour?! As a designer I choose the colour every time! 

I'm also very aware that people don't have a lot of money right now, so although I am providing some offers to help you to buy what you want, I will not be doing any big flashy sales this year. I want you to be able to carefully consider your purchases, so that you only buy what you need, want and can afford. I hope you buy from me based on your love of design, the quality I offer and the value I represent. 

3 For 2 Offer

...So my 3 for 2 offer that I started some time ago will continue indefinitely. It's really helping me have a clear out of older stock and claw back some much needed creative space! Until the end of December I will also add in a few more product lines in order to help your money stretch further while you are buying gifts for Christmas and then these will go back into my standard pricing in the New Year - I hope it helps x

(Make sure you click on the 3 for 2 link on my website to see all the items included in the offer - it's basically everything except for the Secret Santa offer, new mug collection and made to order sweatshirts). 


Some examples of items you can shop in my 3 for 2 offer

Secret Santa
It's back by popular demand! Everyone loves a surprise at Christmas! So as a thank you to my wonderful customers I am once again spreading some Christmas magic and offering a very special Secret Santa offer!
I have wrapped a number of gifts from my stock and each will be sold at just £5.00 each. However, every gift will have a RRP full price value of at least £5.00 and up to approximately £32.00. Each gift will be allocated completely at random. Some parcels may contain more than one item. Items that could be in your parcel include, but are not limited to: Kitchen Textiles, Kitchen products (- trays, pot stands, place mats, chopping boards), Gifts - pocket mirrors, mugs, oil burners, candle holders, home decor - and much more!
The offer will run until midnight on Friday 2nd December when any parcels not purchased will be returned to stock. (The offer may end sooner if the allocated parcels sell out). 

I wasn't going to do this this year because last year I actually lost money on this promotion because of postage costs. But many of you have told me you love it, so this year you will pay a flat rate postage and I will discretionally refund the difference in your postage if it is much below the level set. Or you can of course collect your parcel for free from DY10. 

10% off Made To Order Sweatshirts
I know some of you will be disappointed to have missed out on winning your very own Made To Order Sweatshirt, so I am offering you the opportunity to buy one with 10% off this week when you use the code SWEATSHIRT10 at checkout. This offer will also run until Midnight on December 2nd.


NEW MUGS! 
While the above offers may be tempting, please also take a look at my newest items, my mug collection, which is only offered at full price. I am very proud of these and want you to love them as much as I do! I will not be doing any offers on these items this year because I believe they already offer excellent value. Many of my customers who have seen my mugs at the fairs have commented they would happily pay more as they are such lovely quality. Take a look and I hope you will agree! 

SWAPONZ
My licensing partner, Swaponz has been in touch to let me know they also have some special offers for you on their website across phone cases and swap packs. From Friday 25th and through Tuesday 29th November you can get 25% off in their Black Friday Sale using the code Thankful25
After that, the offer will be 20% off using the code HolidayVicky and this will run until January 3rd. 
(Please note this offer is only available at swaponz.com These codes are not valid at vickyyorkedesigns.com)


Finally, I just wanted to say that I appreciate you may not be able financially to support independents this year. That's okay, we understand. If you can't there are still other ways to help... Please 'Like' and 'Follow' our
Facebook, Instagram and other social media pages - those social media follower numbers are actually really important to a licensing artist like myself! Then 'love' my posts, comment on them and share them with your friends and family. Tag a friend who you think especially would like to follow my page, or might like one of my products. It helps my page to be seen, so that those who can afford to buy know I'm here... 

And if you can, please buy Just A Card



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 3

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 4