SPOTTED IN STORE!


It's been a really good few days for spotting my products in store!

During the pandemic, one of the things I missed most about the way my job had to change was going into physical stores and just looking at products!

While I was shielding, a new large T K Maxx store opened up near me and now I’m going out a lot more, I decided I wanted to take a look as it’s always been one of my favourite shops to have a mooch!


With so many of my licensed products made for the USA market I often
miss getting to see them on actual store shelves. I had no idea that any of these products had made it over to the UK, so was utterly delighted as I walked through kitchenware to find my little holly Christmas bowls made in collaboration with Prima Design - what a treat! Plus the bowls turned out super-cute and I do love a nibble bowl!




Not only that, but the kitchenware aisles were packed with other products and even packaging featuring my patterns that I have designed through freelance projects. I don’t tend to get samples for these, so it was great to see how they had been brought to life.

Products included ramekin dishes, where I didn't design the product, but my red and white Nordic inspired pattern was used on the packaging...

... festive baking dishes featuring my colourful Christmas trees design... 

... and a smaller version with a cute tree illustration on the inside.

Also spotted in T K Maxx was my colourful bauble design on a batter jug set...

... the detailing on the whisk and spoon makes it extra-special... 


...plus this stylish Christmas tree batter jug set I designed. I love how one of my contrasting patterns has also been used for the packaging on this one as it rounds out the set nicely and makes it very giftable...


...and how my hand lettering adds attractive detailing to this otherwise plain wooden spoon. 

I have a background of designing for the whole product development process, so when I design for my freelance clients I can begin with trend prediction (as I did with these briefs), then pattern design and when requested I often even suggest how the designs might work on products such as gift sets - I love to show how design detailing can really elevate a product and these are a few examples that made it to production. While I don't generally design specifically for packaging, it's great when my patterns are used for this too and good to see how well they work! 

I posted these images to social media and got the loveliest response! Thank you T K Maxx!

A few days later I found myself by my local HomeSense, so of course I had to pop in! 


They had many of my products I spotted in TK Maxx, (including my bowl created in collaboration with Prima Design), but they also had some more of my freelance designs on products like ramekin dishes (above)...



... glass jars ...



... and spatulas...


AND my cats kitchen textiles created in collaboration with Samuel Lamont & Sons. What a lovely surprise!



I also quickly popped in to my local Webbs Garden Centre in Hagley, where I’m excited to tell you a selection of my beautiful mugs made in collaboration with Captive Brands are now being stocked!







Find out more about my licensed mug collection here.

After several years of missing seeing my work in stores, it was so good to have that happy feeling again! Long May it continue!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 5 - INDIE FRIDAY

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 4

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 3