Camelot Fabrics Instagram Take Over (Part 4)


My second collection for Camelot launched in April. ‘Village Life’ was inspired completely by the village where I live in Worcestershire, UK and as with all of my collections began with illustrations drawn in pen and ink of motifs that represent semi-rural life and the community here.



These designs always make me smile because when I look at them I think of home: vibrant blooms and plucky chickens from the village allotment outside the window of my home studio; 



ducks and pig prints from the farm at the bottom of the road;



a big statement typography print references the post office, the village store, the church, the bridle path, the canal, even our annual beer festival and more – basically it covers everything that makes this village a community and why I love living here so much. But the biggest reference to where I live is our iconic clock which stands in the village centre and was erected to celebrate the millennium – it’s a very important landmark for the village so it had to be included in the design! 


We have a lovely community in the village and this year the village took part in a national competition called ‘Britain In Bloom’, where lots of villagers got together to tidy up the village and to plant flowers and vegetables and just to make the village look as wonderful as possible. There was also a special reception for the judges and I was asked if some of my ‘Village Life’ fabric could be used for a table cloth as it depicts the community so well. 






The fabric isn’t in stores until October, so I had some especially made for the occasion with Amanda of Horse Fair Vintage designing these beautiful cloths combining ‘Village Map in Multi’ with ‘Blooms in yellow’ and edged in a grey and white polka dot fabric from Amanda’s fabric stash. I think they look wonderful and hopefully they wowed the judges! ‘Village Life’ will be in stores in October.


I am so delighted that my third collection for Camelot has just launched on their website! It’s called ‘Urban Jungle’ and features cats and dogs, as well as pretty meadow flowers! While I do like dogs I am most definitely a cat person and this collection was initially inspired by watching my beautiful kitty moving around our garden with the beauty and grace of her big cat relatives – Our garden is definitely her jungle! The collection has been recoloured to a very pretty and soft palette especially for Camelot and will hit stores March 2019! You can find out more about it here.


In addition to my Instagram take over, Camelot Fabrics have also interviewed me for their blog this month. You can check it out here.


Thanks so much for following along with my Instagram takeover. If you’ve enjoyed my posts you can follow me on my blog, on Instagram, on Facebook, or on Twitter – Come and say hi and let me know what designs you’d like to see next! I’d also love to see the projects you make with my collections so please tag me into your posts or use the hashtag #vickyyorkecamelot  - I can’t wait to see what you make! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 5 - INDIE FRIDAY

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 4

JUST A CARD INDIE WEEK - DAY 3